Solicitors dealing with all aspects of legal work and specialising in Landlord and Tenant matters

Visit the Housing section for the latest information on government housing policy, together with many useful leaflets and publications.


Upad is the largest UK on-line self service letting agency, advertising your property on Rightmove, Zoopla, FindaProperty, Gumtree and many more sites.


Building Cost Information Service provides detailed information on house rebuilding costs.  Please visit the free calculator in the 'Rebuilding' section to find out what your Sum Insured should really be.



The Residential Landlords Association is an independent national organisation for private landlords.  It lobbies central government and carries weight with local authorities.

EST provides free and impartial advice on how to be more energy efficient. Information on grants and home improvements is also available. 


Landlord Referencing Services provide a free tenant referencing service for prospective tenants.  
Landlords can also submit the names of their current and past tenants using a traffic light system to reflect their experiences with the individual tenants.


Hamilton Fraser specialise in providing buy-to-let cover for residential landlords.  BRLA members are eligible for special rates.  


The Environment Agency provides information and advice for your local area,eg. flood maps, waste & recycling and other environmental topics.



Barnsley MBC’s web site provides information about all services provided by the council.  Please visit the Housing section for details of LHA and Housing Benefit.  Other useful sections are in Business and Environment & Planning. 

The letting zone provides the latest landlord letting news, forum,etc.


Here you'll find links that we believe apply to the various needs of landlords and tenants.  (Selecting one will open a new window)


The Valuation Office provides council tax and business rates lists. The VOA Rent Officers section also collect information on LHA, Fair Rents,  Housing Benefit,etc.



Mydeposits is a government-authorised tenancy deposit protection scheme, designed to enable landlords to take and hold a deposit for the duration of the tenancy. 
BRLA members taking Hamilton Fraser insurance are entitled to a discount off the joining fee.

The CAB provides free independant and confidential advice to help  to resolve legal, financial and other problems.

The National Landlords Association is an independent national organisation for private landlords.

© Content 2010-2012 Barnsley Residential Landlords Association    
         Website Design Doncaster